- Vehicles must fit safely within a 10 foot by 21 foot parking space.
- Trailers are prohibited in all non RV lots.
- Outside vendors are not allowed inside lots to deliver food. If having food delivered, plan to meet them outside of the lot.
South Street Smokehouse
3305 South Street
Lafayette, IN 47904
The only smokehouse in Lafayette serves up “Real BBQ Eats” such as ribs, chicken, brisket and pulled pork. Side dishes are all homemade, including the corn bread, potato salad and southern greens. Plan ahead for take-out or catering for your tailgate.
Mon-Thurs, 11am-9pm; Sat, 11am-10pm
Spacibo European Grocery Store
1185 Sagamore Pkwy West # D
West Lafayette, IN 47906
Visit Spacibo to create a European style tailgate of artisan cheeses, crusty European breads, mortadella, olives and pastries. Call ahead to inquire about their catering menu to pre-order your feast.
4901 SR 26 East
Lafayette, IN 47905
This full, ‘big box’ grocery store will have everything you need to cover every detail of your tailgate: deli trays, fresh baked breads and desserts, a large selection of cheeses, hot prepared foods, wine and beer, paper and cleaning products, charcoal, or even a new grill, some lawn chairs and a football.
Open 24 hours.
Historic Lafayette Farmer’s Market
5th Street between Main & Columbia
Around since 1839, the Farmers Market is a great place to piece together a lovely breakfast, as well as to stock up on things like fresh baked breads and pastries, artisan cheeses and home grown fruits to take to your tailgate.
Tue & Sat, 7:30am-12:30pm, May-Oct
Fans, especially families, looking for fun before home games will want to check out the popular Boilermaker StreetFest. Meet-the-team events, inflatable games and interactive opportunities highlight the list of activities. Boilermaker StreetFest is free and open to fans of all ages. StreetFest begins 3 hours prior to kick-off on the north east side of Ross-Ade Stadium.
Thrill on the Hill Concert & March to the Stadium
The “All-American” Marching Band will perform a 40-minute concert at Slayter Hill beginning two hours prior to each home game. The band will leave Slayter Hill one hour prior to kick-off and begin its voyage to the stadium. The band will march up the west side of the stadium and stop on the north stadium plaza to perform a brief concert. Following the performance, the band will march down on the east side and enter the stadium at the southeast corner. As you see and hear the “All-American” Marching Band go by, pack up those tailgates and head to the stadium!
Be on the look-out for the football team as it travels from the Purdue Memorial Union to Ross-Ade Stadium. The team will travel by bus past several of the tailgate lots, so be sure to cheer them on as they pass by. The Boilermakers will unload the buses at the southeast corner of the R Lot, on the north side of the stadium, and walk down John R. Wooden Drive to their locker room located in the Intercollegiate Athletic Facility.
The team will depart from the Memorial Union approximately 2 1/2 hours prior to kick-off and will arrive in the R Lot two hours and twenty minutes prior to the game.
- 8 hours before kick-off, but no earlier than 7am: Day-of-game campus parking lots begin to open. See here for parking info.
- 4 hours before kick-off (approximately): Purdue All-American Marching Band Rehearsal on Hull Field (3rd Street & MacArthur Drive).
- 3 hours before kick-off: Boilermaker StreetFest opens-northeast corner of Ross-Ade Stadium.
- 2.5 hours before kick-off: Boiler Walk-team arrival on north side of Ross-Ade Stadium.
- 2 hours before kick-off: Thrill on the Hill Concert with Purdue All-American. Marching Band, Slayter Center west of Ross-Ade Stadium.
- 90 minutes before kick-off: Ross-Ade Stadium gates open.