- NO ALCOHOL on campus.
- Lots open 6 hours prior to kick-off.
- No overnight parking.
- No open flames in parking garage.
- No RVs permitted in campus lots without membership of the Athletic Department Donor Club.
Leon’s Gourmet Grocery
2200 Winthrop Rd
Lincoln, NE 68502
Leon’s is Lincoln’s gourmet grocer with an array of top quality meats for grilling, imported and domestic cheeses, fresh baked breads, Boar’s Head deli meats, and fresh produce. Visit the store and shop for your tailgate or call ahead for catering.
Mon-Sat, 8am-9pm; Sun, 9am-6:30pm
BBQ4U/RJ’s Smokehouse & Catering at the N-Zone
728 Q Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
BBQ4U/RJ’s Smokehouse BBQ is served at the N-Zone and through their catering service. Choose from St. Louis style ribs, brisket, slow cooked chopped brisket, pulled pork all with their award-winning “HappyAss” sauce, along with coleslaw, mac & cheese, corn on the cob and fries. BBQ4U will cater your entire tailgate including desserts and condiments.
Mon-Wed, 11am-8pm; Thurs-Sat, 11am-9pm
Phat Jack’s BBQ
2441 North 11th Street, Suite 8A
Lincoln, NE 68504
Plan ahead and order Phat Jack’s Catering for your tailgate: try the Big Red Brisket, the award winning brisket topped with provolone cheese and our signature BBQ Mayo or Brisket and a Red Hot sausage link or pulled pork, paired with cornbread, potato salad, coleslaw and baked beans.
5560 South 48th Street
Lincoln, NE 68516
Gourmet deli, butcher shop and catering serving premium meats and seafoods, in-house smoked meats, full-service deli, gourmet cheeses and homemade sides. Call ahead to place an order.
Mon-Sat, 11am-7pm; Sun, 10am-6pm
1618 South Street
Lincoln, NE 68502
Open Harvest is a co-op grocery offering local sustainable produce, meats, cheeses, baked goods and deli items. Call ahead for deli trays for your tailgate.
The Watering Hole
1321 O St
Lincoln, NE 68508
What many in Lincoln claim to the best grilled wings in town, The Watering Hole offers take-out: wings, wings and more wings, accompanied by waffle fries will make an easy meal for your tailgate.
Lincoln Farmer’s Market
Located in the Historic Haymarket, the Lincoln’s Farmer’s Market offers local produce, baked goods, crafts and prepared foods from over 120 vendors.
Saturdays, May-October, 8am-12pm
Historic Haymarket District
UNL’s football stadium is fairly close to the Historic Haymarket, an old warehouse district, both nestled in the north side of the city. This brick lane area offers specialty shops, cafes, bars, hotels and restaurants. A great place to mingle on game day, both before and after the game.
“Do the Dock” at Embassy Suites Bar & Grill
1040 P Street, Downtown Lincoln
The Embassy Suites Bar & Grill’s “Do the Dock” tailgate party is open hours before and after the game for live entertainment, food, and plenty of beverages. For those who don’t have tickets for Memorial Stadium, the game is shown on a big screen in the hotel lobby, in addition to all of the TVs in the bar.
UNL Marching Band Stadium Rehearsal
5 1/2 hours prior to kick-off, the UNL Marching Band takes the field inside Memorial Stadium to practice their upcoming pregame and halftime performances. The public is invited to sit in the stands to watch practice–a great way to see the band show and sit in Memorial Stadium, even if you don’t have tickets to the game! Everyone is welcome, but strict security rules do apply:
- Enter and exit the stadium through Gate 3 ONLY. Gate 3 is located in the southwest corner of the stadium. See map.
- ALL guests must sit in Section 26 in the west stadium or in Section 6 in the east stadium depending on the show’s orientation. See map. A sign will be posted on Gate 3 telling you where the seating is for that day. Please don’t wander into another area of the stadium.
- Please be courteous to the stadium staff and security personnel. They have a difficult job to do and they’re trying to keep all of us safe.
- A security check will be done immediately following rehearsal. Please exit the stadium quickly remembering to take all of your personal belongings, water bottles, and food wrappers with you.
Greet the Huskers as they arrive by bus in the horseshoe (Vine Street entrance) on the east side of Memorial Stadium 2 hours and 45 minutes prior to kick-off. Nebraska’s players and coaches step off the buses near the Husker Legacy statue and walk down the sidewalk between Memorial Stadium and the Husker Nation Pavilion into the stadium. The Cheerleaders, Herby Husker & Lil’ Red, and the Marching Red Take Back Game Day pep band join fans in welcoming the team.
Husker Nation Pavilion
This FREE pregame bash takes place starting two hours before every home football game at the Ed Weir Track (located outside the northeast corner of Memorial Stadium) and features food vendors, live music, an appearance by the Cheerleaders and the UNL Marching Band pep-band, and plenty of activities for kids.
Pregame Concert at Kimball Hall
The Marching Red perform a free outdoor concert at the Kimball Recital Hall an hour and a half before kick-off prior to their traditional march to the stadium.
- 6 hours before kick-off: Day-of-game campus parking lots open. See here for parking info.
- 5.5 hours before kick-off: Public Marching Red stadium rehearsal in Memorial Stadium.
- 2 hours and 45 minutes before kick-off: Unity Walk-team arrival on east side of Memorial Stadium.
- 2 hours before kick-off: Husker Nation Pavilion opens on northeast side of Memorial Stadium.
- 90 minutes before kick-off: Free Marching Red concert outside Kimball Hall, followed by march to Memorial Stadium.
- 90 minutes before kick-off: Memorial Stadium gates open.