Indiana University

SENIOR TREE DEDICATION

Since 1873, every graduation class donates a tree to IU in honor of their experiences and to contribute to the natural beauty of the IU campus. This tradition compliments the rule created in the early 1900s by then president Herman B. Wells, that for every tree removed on campus, two more would be planted. Coordinated by the Student Alumni Association, the dedication ceremony takes place each spring, and each tree is marked with a commemorative plaque.