1001 East 17th Street
Bloomington, IN 47408
Ticket Info: (866) IUSPORTS
Opening in 1960, Indiana’s Memorial Stadium replaced the original Memorial Stadium (built in 1925), a 20,000 seat stadium that once stood on 10th Street where the Arboretum is now located. On October 22, 1960, Indiana Memorial Stadium was dedicated during a game against Michigan, where Homecoming Queen Judy Curtis broke a bottle of water from the Jordan River, which runs through campus, to christen the goalposts. With its two soaring towers and a current seating capacity of 52,929, Memorial Stadium is built largely of Indiana Limestone. The student section is, therefore, aptly named “The Quarry.” Inside the north end of the stadium is the 138,000-square-foot North End Zone Student-Athlete Development Center, housing one of the largest strength and conditioning facilities in the world. It also houses the Henke Hall of Champions, celebrating Hoosier greats throughout history. In 2005, then head football coach, Terry Hoeppner, installed an Indiana Limestone boulder in the north endzone. Now nicknamed “Hep’s Rock” (honoring Hoeppner following his death in 2007), the players and coaches touch the rock for good luck before running out onto the field.
- Ticket office opens two hours prior to kick-off. Booths are located on both the East and West concourses.
- Gates open 90 minutes prior to kick-off.
- Pass-outs are permitted following the end of the first quarter. A valid ticket must be presented to leave and re-enter the stadium.
- No alcohol.
- No flash photography.
- No strollers, umbrellas, coolers, cans or bottles, signs or banners.
- There is no check-in available for prohibited items.